Quiche aux légumes
|Grated chees||400 gms|
|Salt and Pepper|
- Place the pastry in pie dish, cover with parchment paper, fill with dry beans. Place in an oven 200°c for about 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Cut the cauliflower and broccoli in smallish pieces and blanche in salted water.
- In a pot incorporate the grated cheese, cream, saffron and blanched vegetables until a consistent texture is obtained and all the cheese is melted. Season with salt, pepper and piment d’espellette to taste. Put aside to cool.
- Once the cheese mixture has cooled incorporate eggs and mix well.
- Slice the red onions thinly to get rings. Place the raw red onion rings in the precooked pastry and then pour the cheese mixture. Cook in oven at 170-180°c for about 30-40 minutes. Serve lukewarm or room temperature.
Notes: In this recipe the vegetables can be changed to your preference, herbs and/or nuts can be added. Basically the limitations are your imagination.