|Chick Peas||300 gms|
|Baking Soda||1-2 tbsp|
|Olive Oil||20-30 ml|
|Lemon Juice||2 lemons|
- Soak the chick peas in water with a table spoon of baking soda and a two table spoons of salt over night.
- Boil the chick peas for approx. 45 minutes or until they are well cooked.
- Remove the skins from the chick peas. This is a tedious procedure but well worth it as it results in a very creamy and silky final product.
- Take the skin off the garlics and chop into small pieces.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blitz until you have a creamy and silky paste. Alternatively, place all ingredients in a bowl and blitz with an immersion mixer.
- To get an extra creamy final product, pass through a sieve.